Considered to be one of the last survivors of the muscle car era with it’s bold, flared styling and made even more famous by staring in ‘Smokey and the Bandit’ – This very well sorted Pontiac Firebird Trans Am brings many dreams alive and stands out from the crowd in doing so. Where else do you find a white Trans Am with the Red firebird and red snowflake rims?
This matching numbers, accident free Firebird is in very good condition with a vast amount of mechanical work carried out in the last year with receipts included. Some key extras include the brand-new rear louver and sort after red snowflake rims which are in excellent condition on brand new rubber.
Inside, the red Hobnail and Lombardy cloth upholstery is in great condition, contrasting with the exterior red snowflake rims and Firebird on the bonnet. The original ‘Formula’ steering wheel feels great in the hands and looks even better in front of the turned dashboard inlay. Included is the dealer fitted ‘AUDIOVOX’ CB radio the original owner’s manual and associated paperwork from factory.
Under the hood presents incredibly well having just had a complete engine refresh with all new carburettor, rubbers, gaskets and seals. The air conditioning system has also been refurbished with a new modern high performance compressor and condenser.
List of work carried out in the last year includes:
- Refreshed motor painted in factory colour (plugs, oils, filters, gaskets etc)
- New Holly 600 Carburettor
- Limited slip differential reconditioned (9 bolt, 2.41 gearing)
- New 3 inch exhaust system with new headers and Lukey Mufflers (Trans Am exhaust tips)
- New aluminium radiator (original included in good condition)
- New steering box and linkages
- New tires
- Completely rejuvenated airconditioning system with new high-performance compressor (Cold aircon)
- New internal heater
Price includes QLD registration (excluding transfer fees), ‘FIR79’ personalized plates and RWC.
This great eye catching example begs to be driven and will not last long at this price.
1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Engine: 403 Oldsmobile V8 (6.6 Litre) - 3 Speed Automatic