Looking to enter the numerous Variety bash events scattered throughout the country and not sure what vehicle to start off with or how to build it? Why not start with his great starter bash car that has already proven itself!
Starting off with a very good condition 1986 Mercedes Benz 300e, the Mercedes you see where has been modified in accordance with Variety bash regulations and is eligible to enter various other charitable events with minor modifications (very easy to do).
List of major modifications include:
- 2 inch suspension lift with rear adjustable airbags
- Larger diameter Yokohama AT tyres
- Braided brake lines
- Underbody bash plates (aluminium)
- Custom Snorkel
- Front tow mount
- Rear tow bar
- Roof rack
- Light bar
- Duel battery system
- 2x2.5m awning
- Camping lights
- Extra power sockets at front
- UHF radio
- Fire extinguisher mount at front
- Top Yellow warning light (magnetic)
- Rear wing for extra ‘downforce’ (also comes in handy for hanging towels on)
The ‘Mercinator’ has undergone a full service including:
- New Radiator and hoses.
- New Viscous coupling
- New Engine mounts
- Power steering pump serviced
- Drive shaft donuts replaced
- Wheel bearings replaced
- Transmission, coolant, power steering, engine oil, fuel filter replaced.
Vehicle comes with RWC
1986 Mercedes Benz 300E Bash/Rally Car
Engine: 3 Litre inline 6 - 4 speed automatic