“Wind in the hair motoring” with modern performance and reliability!
Following the classic lines of the now rarely seen T-Series MG’s of the late 40’s to 50’s, the TD2000 story dates back in 1984 when an Australian Jaguar Dealer, Ross Marshall had the opportunity to acquire the original TD tooling from the United States. After several years developing a replica based around the running gear from a very reliable Nissan Pintara, the first prototype was born but recession intervened and in 1987, the business was sold to Australian Classic Cars. The second generation TD2000 was shown at the 1988 Sydney Motor Show and production commenced in Ararat Victoria. Only 90 TD2000’s were made in Australia before the company was bought out by a Malaysian company who transferred manufacturing to Malaysia. They have since been widely exported.
Australian Built TD2000’s were widely praised for their high build quality and properly developed chassis with former HDT engineers making the most out of the Nissan chassis and suspension set up. Combined with disc brakes in all four corners and a powerful 2 Litre fuel injected Pintara engine. The TD2000 has the old style charm, charisma and ‘wind in the hair’ driving experience with modern performance and driving ease.
This rare 5th owner vehicle is 1 of 90 Australian built examples and is in excellent condition with only 43,000km on the odo with documented history provided.
It has been sensitively upgraded with
- Specially made custom grill mesh to enhance the lines of the TD2000 (can be removed without damaging existing grill if wanted)
- Brand new Pedders adjustable coil over shocks at front with Pedders shocks at the rear
- Custom made iphone and 12v charging ports under dash (looks factory installed)
- Custom rear luggage rack made out of stainless steel with fold down access to spare tire
- Removable Wind Deflector
- Vintage luggage case – included in sale
Vehicle comes with RWC, balance of registration (if sold in QLD - not including transfer costs)
1991 TD2000 - Car No. 85
Engine:Nissan 2.0 inline 4 DOHC, 5 Speed Manual